Yamaha 200HP 2 Stroke - lift engine to replace Tilt Tube

desmodab

Recruit
Hi guys,

I need to replace the tilt tube on my 1991 200TXRP. The Seastar support rod is frozen in it and will not budge, even with over an hour with an air hammer. I have new parts on the way and need to lift the engine off the transom in order to remove the tilt tune and replace (Yamaha calls it a Clamp Bracket).

I have another reason for wanting to life the engine also - the previous owner for some reason has the engine mounted 2" above the transom and it needs to be lowered since on fast turns the prop cavitates.

I have 3 questions:

1. Can I lift the engine using just the lifting bracket on the engine seen in this photo behind the flywheel:

IMG_0121-L.jpg

2. Has anyone replaced the tilt tub on one of these 2 strokes and any advice or suggestions?

3. Does anyone know the exact weight of this engine? I read 390lbs but that's almost 100lbs lighter than the new 4 strokes. I know 4 strokes are heavier but that seems like a lot.

Thanks, David

Last edited:

desmodab

Recruit
No, I did confirm that I can lift the engine from the kook which is good, but nothing about the tilt tube replacement.

I'm still looking for anyone who's done that job since I never have and am not sure what to expect.

No rule about posting on more than one forum is there?