Mystery 2005 Yamaha F115txrd issue......

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently got an 05 triumph with an 05 yamaha 115 on the back. The engine has a little less than 400 hours on it and I got it extremely inexpensively because the previous owners could not figure out the problem with the engine: Prior to my ownership, the starter relay fuse socket melted which was replaced. The CDI went, which was replaced, and I also found a set of injectors, as well as a fuel rail, and a coil in a box under the seat. The parts found under the seat were old, so I'm assuming they were replaced in the effort to solve the problem.

I have done, paid a mechanic to do, the following work to the engine: removed and inspected the vst tank and filter. I replaced the vst pump. Had injectors professionally cleaned and serviced. All new intake gasket, vacuum and fuel lines. Changed the oil, and spark plugs. Installed new impeller, and changed lower unit oil. Checked and cleaned all grounds, and plug connectors on the wire harness. Checked pressure at fuel rail while at idle, (not under load). Pumped out fuel tank and cleaned it, installed new fuel water separator, and new fuel lines from tank to engine. Replaced inline fuel lines and filters. Just picked up boat from mechanic and he tells me that when he was checking cylinder compression, (all 4 are reading great: 200,200,190,200), cylinder #2 did not drop rpms when unplugged. Still no change in symptoms as described below, and was tested prior to above work, and after above work. I was just informed about the no drop in cylinder 2. Mechanic also tells me that the CDI is bad again, but I want to test sensors and resistance prior to dropping another grand to replace the computer. Especially since I have been reading that the ISC can cause the ecm to fry.

It starts up immediately and purrs like a kitten at idle. Tach is not working but I'm guessing I'm idling at close to 750-800 rpm. As you increase the throttle and begin to get on plane, (guessing around 2500 rpm), it falls flat on its face. It doesn't stall, it just loses all power and it will continue to idle after you take it out of gear. As I stated above, it performs the same prior to and after above work was done. I am waiting for my multimeter, dva adapter, spark tester, and fuel pressure gauge to begin testing these items next: ISC, TPS, stator, coils, fuel rail pressure under load and during power loss. Seems as though I read alot of posts across the web about people having similiar issues and replacing vst and injectors, and not experiencing improvement. Any suggestions, insights are greatly appreciated!

Steve

oahetrader

Cadet
Hi Steve, I have a Yamaha 2011 F115TXR that is doing the same. Have you found the problem?
Mike

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Hi Steve, I have a Yamaha 2011 F115TXR that is doing the same. Have you found the problem?
Mike

oahetrader

Nope! A one and done poster. He never came back. Please look at the Help Tip on top of the page and start a new thread.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.