2004 yamah 1\F115 puzzling problem

borsosab

Recruit
Hope someone can help me out. Last year I determined that my 2004 yamaha F115 had suffered clogged injectors due to bad gas. I pulled injectors out and sent them away to be cleaned. after reinstalling them and doing a brief tank test I determined that all was solved (never took boat out and sea tested) and winterized my boat. this past spring, took boat out on open water and at idle and low rpm boat ran like expected, but around 2800-3000 motor started to bog down (much to my dismay). I kept the boat around the inlet for much of the morning and much to my surprise little by little it began to run much better, but while bringing the boat through the inlet at the end of the day, I "kicked her in the ***" to get through some snotty water, she stalled. I started the boat back up and at idle or low rpm (with no further problems) made it back to dock.. before taking the boat out next time, I added the appropriate amount of seafoam to my gas and like before at low rpm boat ran fine and around 2800-3000 she began to bog down, after running her like this for maybe an hour or two, she began to come around and near the end of the day ran with no other issues. the boat has continued to do this the past several outings. any help? I'm baffled.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
did you ever think it would be a good idea to clean the whole fuel system instead of just the injectors?

Seems to me if the injectors had a problem, then maybe you need to clean and change all filters and lines.
Monitoring fuel pressures will show if there is a problem with fuel delivery.

Running a motor that has a problem can cause damage if running lean for hours and hours hoping it will resolve itself