2003 150 ox66 Hot restart

robnik1

Seaman
I have now experienced this about 4 times on different trips out, never twice in one trip. After running engine, typically at slow speed, we shut it off for about an hour or so(resturant). When we return we start engine but it sputters out immediately. Check primer and find it empty. Reprime and try again and still wont start. The last time this happened I was ready with a fuel pressure guage. Found no fuel pressure. Was ready to tow it in and tried one last time and it cranks and runs great. Very hard to reproduce this problem. Also I would have bet on third occasion I had fuel pressure indicated by relieving the shrader valve at the vst. Was originally thinking main relay. Disconnected relay today and found engine would not turn over, so thats not it. Was thinking fuel pump resistor and tested it, found .6 ohm which is close. Also disconnected it and turn key to run and found pump would run without resistor, did not try starting though. Also , the engine is very hot as it has been run then sits in the sun while it is turned off for an hour or so. If its a cold egnine it always start fine. Also, I will need to replace the primer as it allows fuel to return to tank when I sit. Any recommendations on a good primer, I have only use yamaha primers but they dont last.