yamaha ox66 250 oil transfer problem

wahoochaser

Recruit
Hello I have search and read all the post about the yamaha precision oil system. Right now it is not to precise. I have 2001 yamaha ox66 250 and the port engin work with no issues. The starboard motor will only transfer oil from the remote tank to the main tank using the bypass switch. I have removed both tanks and cleaned them. Remote tank had filter replaced along with remote tank sensor. Made sure that the oil lines were not clogged by blowing air through them. Replaced main tank sensor switch assembly. Pump was tested with battery and workes fine. I am getting power to the pump on the brown wire. Have checked all the wires i know to check and found no breaks tested continuity. The tach has the middle bar blinking indicating yellow that the remote tank is low which it is not. I have switched tachs and it does not change anything. I even left it unplugged and it still flashed yallow when the key was turned on. I am out of ideas and am at thinking of just running it and having to stop often to fill the main tank which will be a pain. Any idea would be awesome.

erniefish

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Check all ground connections , that system uses ground to complete circuit, contrary to many 12 volt switches ,where positive is the switched. Leg, I believe negative is the switched leg, your results from changing things out, and no change , suggests that a wire ( ground ) is faulty, it may be as simple as corrosion on a bolt holding down some wires to the block , good luck

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
bad connection maybe
281d1270049206-oilsensortest_91.jpg

wahoochaser

Recruit
Thanks for the response going to check that out tomarrow and ill get back and post what i come up with

Update. I managed to get three solid non blinking bars on the oil level indicator and it worked. What i did want checked wired and found that the computer was receiving signal from the remote tank from the black wire red tracer. Them checked same wire that was leaving the computer that was going to a connection that then turned to a aolid green wire. I was getting 7v from the computer so i disconected the connector and it was clean and i grounded the solid green and the three bars light up and had it pumping oil. Btw the green woth red traces i just jumped it across the connection and the black with red tracer was not hooked up to the solid green wire. So i have heard it is really rare for the computer to fail could this be my problem with it not sending a gound signal to the tack it sending voltage telling the tach that the remote tank is low. If so sould i just be able to ground it out and drive it like i stole it and just check oil level as i always do. I always keep the tanks topped off. Sorry if this was confusing. I dont want to do this but do not want to buy a new co.puter when i plan on repowering in the next year or so.

Last edited: