2004 Suzuki 200 HP 4 Stroke

jbigwater12

Recruit
Hi all - first time posting here, I have been having some issues with my 2004 Suzuki 4 Stroke (Actually a Johnson but understand it was manufactured by Suzuki). I had significant water in fuel and it has taken me two years to fix due to incompetent mechanics at my Marina. I emptied the 100 gallon tank, new gas, new racor, VST service and injectors cleaned. Once I cleaned the injectors I thought I would be home free since the engine worked flawlessly before the water issue.

The engine starts fine but stills runs rough like it is missing, I can run it for a while sometimes without it stalling but other times it will just stall out. I have been checking the Racor constantly and no sign of water. I think the water issue is resolved but I am at a loss as to why it stills runs rough at idle as well as at any RPM.

Any ideas? Timing, ignitions issue?

PS - I searched older threads but could not find this topic

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
If compression, spark, and timing are all good then you are left with a fuel to air ratio problem

What is the rail pressure?
and how did you clean the injectors?
Did you have the done by someone that gave you a as found and as left report?

jbigwater12

Recruit
I don't have answers to these questions, one of the reasons I posted here is to get some feedback and based on some of the answers like yours which I appreciate, it is confirming my suspicion that my Marina basically did just about nothing the past two years. I certainly feel a bit stupid, I am taking it to a Suzuki mechanic next week. I have been at this place for 8 years most have been good but with change of management and 5 service managers over the past two years I guess their better days are behind them.

Thanks

jbigwater12

Recruit
As follow-u to this thread, I took the boat to a Suzuki mechanic. The issue was spark plugs, engine was running on 4 cylinders instead of 6. My marina mechanic had told me spark plugs were good. I spent 2k on my slip for the season which I did not use and about another 1500 for the rough idle problem only to be told it was sparks plugs after 4 months...............

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Thanks for updating your thread on what the problem was.

Just for your info, it is normal to change plugs every year.
Visual Inspection of the plugs that come out will tell a experienced Tech a lot of things