jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Any links to FREE online manuals?
I'm working on a 1999 40hp 2 stroke.
C40TLRX

Thanks,J

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Boatinfo.com might have the manual you need. Trouble is it's on-line only and printing is the page your viewing, you can't print the entire manual.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
I went there before I asked for links.
The Yam that I needed won't open.
The manual up to 96 does. But the technology has changed in 1999 and it's different procedures for dismantling the lower

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Finally got it opened.
Glad I didn't have to buy anything.
It covered a lot but not one word or pic of the lower I'm working on. :(

gm280

Supreme Mariner
jerry, I realize you're asking for an online link for such an engine manual. But if you were to actually buy one, then anytime you need info while working on your engine, it is there at hands reach. And I can tell you I've used such a manual so many times, I'm glad I didn't have to get my computer and link up for info each time. But that is just my .02 cents...

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
When it works a site like Boatinfo is perfect for those doing one-off repairs for a friend. The motor owner should have the manuals, but when they don't...............

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Well GM like I said if I bought a manual for every motor I worked on I have a HUGE library and no place to put it.
I also want to keep the expenses down for my friends. Adding $30 to the cost on an already growing bill???
I found the info I needed with the help of the guys here. "Thanks Glenn"

Boat info is just a Clymer manual on line.
Like the Clymer manual it helps some but doesn't cover everything.