Suzuki 25 hp carb problem

Swamper08

Recruit
Im working on a 98 Suzuki 25hp 3 cylinder. First off the motor is hard to crank. Once it fires up its good and it idles good. Put it in gear and go but it doesn't feel like it has the power that it should. The carbs have a milky liquid in the throats. And condensation build up on the out side of the carbs. I've rebuild the carbs, cleaned them twice and drain the gas out of the tank and lines. Also I just drained the oil resivor to see if water was in the oil but it looks clean. Any ideas what might be causing this ?

Last edited:

Propwash79

Cadet
I would pull off the air diffuser and let it run and see if you can see it forming. Does it buildup in all 3 carbs or just 1.this is an oil injection set up and currently working?sounds like you might have some blow back as the reeds not seating correctly but you would also have loss of power.

Swamper08

Recruit
I have the air diffuser off and it build up in all 3 carbs but mostly the bottom. It is oil injected and working properly. And it does have a loss of power. Will only run 22mph when it should run 30+ on this boat

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
test what you can
compression, spark and timing.
then fuel pressure/vacuum
look for fuel pump leaking into pulse port flooding a cylinder

Swamper08

Recruit
I have a cheap compression tester I got from auto zone. It only pushes 85-90psi on all 3 but I've tested on three other motor including a brand new e tec and they all have 85-90 psi. Must be the cheap tester. Can you elaborate how to check spark, fuel pressure and vacuum ? I know I have spark on all three coils.