Boat bogs down at full throttle and max at 3,500 rpms

Tail_Gunner

Admiral
Google Volvo Penta parter number 3588865 that is your high pressure fuel pump you dont need a tbi reg i highly doubt it

Jhilton0816

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Ok bought it, 277 dollars and I'll get it on Friday hopefully this will fix my problems . I can only pray

Jhilton0816

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Ran the boat today with the new pump, it was able to hit 40 mph at 3800 or 3900 rpm. Fuel pressure under load was 30 psi till I stopped engine started it again reved in neutral and out in fear and it was only reading 20 psi at idle and 25 -27 under load. And only when I reved it in neutral and then put it in gear would it stay at 30 psi for a bit. The boat still doesn't like it when I go from idle to full throttle because ittle bog a bit and it planes out in 7-8 seconds. And if I have the throttle all the way down using the lever it will bog and hesitate..... Idk what else to check now :/

Jhilton0816

Petty Officer 3rd Class
My buddy at work swears it's probably my prop.... Since the boat only bogs down a little at take off and once planed if go full throttle ittle bog a little bit at full throttle for a second and stop but it maxes out with only two people on the boat at 3850 rpms..... Idk though it's the same prob from the old engine and the old motor was able to go 45 mph (rpm gauge didn't work at the time) the only difference in these two motors is one is brand new and its piston size is .010 and be old engine bad Pistons that read .040 on the top of them

Jhilton0816

Petty Officer 3rd Class
So I took it to a volvo mechanic and he asked if the guy who put the engine together timed it while in the water I said no because the river level was way to high, he told me that he almost guarantees that's the issue, that it isn't timed correctly, he said your suppose to do it underload

Bondo

Staff member
that it isn't timed correctly, he said your suppose to do it underload

Huh,..??..??

Never heard of such a thing,......

Jhilton0816

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Yeah he said it's supposed to be done in water.... Lol didn't make sense to me either