Intake Fitting? Newbie question

adamkat22

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey everyone. I'm new to this forum and I'm also VERY new to a volvo penta I/O that is in a '72 Naughtaline houseboat that I just acquired. I'm sure I will have lots of questions and I start to familiarize myself with all this and hope to glean some info from the archives and also from you all...

Off the bat, it looks like I have a broken fitting that I am trying to replace I'm told its an intake bellows fitting (small thing that connects to a 1'ish inch hose. I can't upload a photo here until i have made at least three posts (forum rules) so hopefully that vague description is enough for now? Does anyone know where I can find a new one or what I would google to to try and find it?

Perhaps more importanly, I'm trying to find out more info about my outdrive and motor so I can be more efficient with my search terms. So far I haven't found any stamps/tags/plates on the outdrive that give me any clues...except that it says "Volvo Penta" right above the outboard. I can't post pictures yet, but if anyone can give me more specifics on how to narrow down a model of my outdrive it would be appreciated...

Thanks for any thoughts!

Last edited:

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Welcome, a bit more info would realllly help.
The motor? V-8 4cyl.
Single carb? Dual carb?
Horsepower???
Just saying 1972 houseboat with a Volvo?
They made 75 different combos in the early 70's.
Good luck with you new boat.

adamkat22

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I will try and glean some more clues next time I am out at the boat. In the mean time here are a few pics of the motor. I don't know if that helps or not?Motor.JPG Motor 2.JPG

adamkat22

Petty Officer 2nd Class
ok. i finally found some info on my engine. it's stamped GM 5.7L G and someone has told me it's a Mercruiser 350. Now I'm trying to find info on the outdrive. Says Volvo Penta and the only other info I can find is a stamp that says "Drive No. 9249"...is there anyway to figure out which penta that is?

Right now I know the engine is seized and I've dumped some mystery oil down there and hope to free it up. I'm new to all of this so I think I will be relying pretty heavily on google searches and forums..but for now I just need to find out the model of my drive so I can be more specific in my research.

Thanks for any help clarifying which outdrive this might be...or for sending links to places i can look up that drive number

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Pics of where the part goes.
The part Captmello posted is for the outdrive.

adamkat22

Petty Officer 2nd Class
hmmm. since starting this thread i've put the boat in the water...which is going to make it difficult for me to get a good picture of the outdrive..and also to get a good picture of where the fitting was located. but i'll see what i can do.

i'm still learning the names of a lot of this stuff, but there is a hose that is penetrating through the boat and then connects to the outdrive..and that fitting was making that connection.