Volvo Penta AQ125A - Turn off after running then will not start back up for 25 min

herbcw

Recruit
Hello,

I have a 1983 Bayliner with a Volvo Penta AQ125A. This is my 1st boat with a inboard motor. I was told the boat sat for 6 years before I obtained it. I took the boat out and it ran fine for about an hour. It did seem to be running a little hot with a temp of 200. What should the operating temp be? I shut it off to refuel and it would not start back up. About 25-30 minutes later it did start back up. Ran it for about another hour, then same problem. Shut it down and it would not start back up until it sat for 25 minutes. After it started back up I attempted to make my way to the launch, this time it stalled while running - very low speed, same thing had to sit for 25 minutes before it would start again.

I took the boat out one time after this to see if the symptoms remained and they did. This time I brought some starting fluid and an extra spark plug. When I sut the engine down and it did not start back up I checked spark from the coil and had it, also checked spark from distributor and had it. This time out the boat would not start 4 different times, 2 times I turned the engine off, 2 times it stalled at very low speeds. I sprayed starting fluid and it started but only 1 of the 4 times.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks