Oil level rising

killitwithfire

Recruit
Oil level appears to be rising. Smells strongly of gasoline. Not cloudy/water. Viscosity seems low for number of hours/weight. Believe that it may be corrupted with gas. 70 hours on the mill and less than 20 on the oil.

How close to level does the boat need to be to read the oil? Where do you measure level from? Haven't checked in the water, just the trailer... imagine that it will have to be floating to know for sure?
Outside of sending the oil out for testing, is there an easy way to tell/confirm that it's been corrupted?
I am changing the oil/filter again this week to make sure that it was done properly (marina did the last change).
... understand that it takes 4 quarts (2013 build 4.3 volvo penta 225 hp)

Thalasso

Commander
Near what the boat sets in the water.
2013 boat? You didn't get a operators manual with it?
It will tell you where the oil on the stick should be. It's like a car it will have a mark.
The book will tell you what weight of oil and how much

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
On the trailer or in the water.
Take it anywhere.
It shouldn't be much difference if any.

IF??? The level raises and it's not milky(water) then your dumping fuel in.
DON'T run it or you'll be rebuilding.
2 years old, any warranty?

It's a fuel injected motor, wonder where it's leaking?

Remove the plugs and see how they are burning?
Pics of the plugs?

firebird1158

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I have the same issue with my 5.0GI and cant figure where it is coming from, plugs are all light brown, injectors(TBI) seem to be spraying ok..... Did you ever find out what the issue was? I had my motor replaced with new crate engine last year and wondering if setting the timing with computer could make it rich running?? but then plugs would be wet right??