5.7Gi-C - fuel pump connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daleg70

Seaman
I have a Four WInns with a 2003 VP 5.7Gi-C duoprop
I have traced an intermittent fuel pressure issue to the connector on the low pressure pump.
Sometimes I get the required 50 PSI but other times I only get 10-20 PSI.
The connector on the fuel pump side is not replacable, and the male pins on that side seem OK, so I need to get one that fits that same style.
When I look in the Volvo Penta parts catalog it is part of a complete wiring harness,

Does anyone know what style of connector the TWO PIN FEMALE connector is on a Volvo Penta Fuel Pump.
This is one with the wire bar that holds the connector in place.

If necessary I will go back and take a picture, but that will have to be in a few days.

thanks,
Dale

keith.iwanicki

Recruit
Hi Dale,

I had fuel pump issues with my 5.0 GXi last fall (after much diagnosis, I simply had a corroded connection on the high pressure pump electrical feed). I believe there should be 10-20 psi on the low pressure side (measured on the low pressure pump schrader valve) and ~50 psi on the high pressure side (measured at the fuel rail schrader valve). If you are seeing 50 psi on the low pressure side something else is wrong. Use a volt meter to measure the voltage at both pump electrical feeds (with key on/off to see pumps are receiving power to prime). Also check for corrosion on the connectors.

If the high pressure is intermittently low, there are a number of other issues that could be the cause. There are threads on this forum regarding paint in the high pressure side plugging the pump filter mesh (and the fuel pressure regulator as well). I had this problem in the past as well and had to replace the entire fuel cell.

good luck,
keith

Daleg70

Seaman
I was reading all pressures at the fuel rail manifold
The connector itself is mangled inside -- I need to replace the connector first -- but need to find out what type of connector it is.

thx
Dale

dacarter

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Dale,

A BIG Thank you for posting this information! After finding so many dead end threads on this issue, it was great to find a part# that I can go buy a few miles down the road!

Status
Not open for further replies.