Duel oil pressure sending unit trouble

Just finishing up putting my 85 aq260 back in the old sea ox after a rebuild. While wiring one of the oil pressure sending units back up I broke one of the prongs off. It had 2 prongs. The other one has a single wire that looks like a can with a round top. Pretty sure it goes to the oil pressure gauge. They both thread into a T that is piped into the block. At the end of the night I cleaned up the shop and pretty sure the broken one got tossed. Can anyone give me an idea of a replacement part. Also wondering what the broken one does. I read somewhere that on some engines this would be wired to cut of the electric fuel pump. My pump runs off the crank so can't see this being the case. Thanks in advance. I'm kind of stuck until I can figure this out.

Edit. Found an old pic of it.

Last edited:

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Not sure they did this back in 85 but newer engines use an oil pressure switch for a warning buzzer and to put the engine into a slow mode. Obviously you wouldn't have a slow mode but maybe you have the buzzer.

dypcdiver

Lieutenant Junior Grade
If you use the switch that wrench 3 recommends do not put PTFE tape on the threads as that is where the switch grounds.