2009 Volvo Penta 5.7 Gi-J Fuel Pressure Regulator

Tuff E Nuff

Recruit
I have a 2009 VP 5.7 Gi-J that has the issues with the fuel pump paint clogging the pump and regulator. I took the regulator off to clean it out and replace the screen with the E-Clip as suggested in a volvo penta bulletin. Just my luck it started to rain and I rushed to get everything in my car. I put the fuel pressure regulator on the hood of my car and forgot about it...needless to say it's gone. Is there any aftermarket fuel pressure regulators that will work for my engine or am I stuck ordering a $220 Volvo part?

alldodge

Staff member
I have a 2009 VP 5.7 Gi-J that has the issues with the fuel pump paint clogging the pump and regulator. I took the regulator off to clean it out and replace the screen with the E-Clip as suggested in a volvo penta bulletin. Just my luck it started to rain and I rushed to get everything in my car. I put the fuel pressure regulator on the hood of my car and forgot about it...needless to say it's gone. Is there any aftermarket fuel pressure regulators that will work for my engine or am I stuck ordering a $220 Volvo part?

:welcome: to iboats

No VP expert here but found a link in THT which stated it is the same part as used on the Vette.
http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-forum/367337-volvo-penta-part.html

It is post 4 and here is what macattack665 stated
The fuel pressure regulator is made by Bosch and is the same part number as the FPR used on the1997-1998 Corvette. The Bosch part number is0280-160-001. The Corvette GM part number is 7505098. These are rated at 4 bar or 58.8psi

Check with NAPA on the part