AQ130 Wiring

davetidy

Recruit
I am doing a complete rebuild of a 1970's houseboat. http://shipashorecombocruiser.blogspot.com/

The engine is the original AQ130. However when the stern was rebuilt the wiring loom was removed by the yard and is no use as a template.

I'm looking for a diagram of the complete engine wiring. The diagrams in the manufacturers manual do not seem complete

Any suggestions welcome

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Cobe Marine in Pasadena, Md.
410-255-9488
One of the better parts/ info guys.

Oh yea "Welcome"

alldodge

Staff member
I am doing a complete rebuild of a 1970's houseboat. http://shipashorecombocruiser.blogspot.com/

The engine is the original AQ130. However when the stern was rebuilt the wiring loom was removed by the yard and is no use as a template.

I'm looking for a diagram of the complete engine wiring. The diagrams in the manufacturers manual do not seem complete

Any suggestions welcome

:welcome: to iboats

Here is a link to boatinfo.com for the wiring diagrams. Click through the pages to find yours.
http://boatinfo.no/lib/volvo/manuals/ef_wiring.html#/4
Here is a link where DonS posted the gauge cluster wiring
http://forums.iboats.com/forum/engi...13958-volvo-penta-1999-wiring-diagram-5-7-gsi

davetidy

Recruit
The link to the manual site is great with a lot of new info for me. But i'm still missing some items such as where the oil pressure, water temp and tach senders attach

PiratePast40

Lieutenant Commander
The attachment below is from the manual. The harness to the helm may not have the same color codes so double check.

Attachments

• wiring diagram.pdf
    57.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Mello, if your not gonna add anything constructive don't add anything.
You should worry about this guys question not what I put in my answers.
I post the Cobe link because they are one of the places that has that info.
They also are one of the best Volvo parts place for the hard to find things that this site can't get/sell or handle.
More on this.

alldodge

Staff member
The link to the manual site is great with a lot of new info for me. But i'm still missing some items such as where the oil pressure, water temp and tach senders attach

As a non-Volvo guy I'll offer the following: The oil pressure sender is usually next to the oil filter. If you have a remote oil filter follow the lines to where the hoses mount to the engine. The water temp sender is on the thermostat housing. The tach attaches to the negative (-) side of the coil

Bondo

Staff member
They also are one of the best Volvo parts place for the hard to find things that this site can't get/sell or handle.
More on this.

Ayuh,.... I'm glad to see you modified yer signature lines, to get rid of the parts sellin' lines,...

As that most certainly was a violation of rule #8,....

captmello

Captain
Firstly, sorry to davetidy for the interuption of his thread. I'm glad to see you have received some help finding info on your wiring from Alldodge and PP40, The Old Volvo manuals can be tough to understand, but they're all we have to go by. I hope the info will help.

More on this.

Jerry, as you can see, help can be had on this site without refering people away to a parts counter to answer wiring questions. Perhaps if davetidy were looking for a wiring harness, Coby would be a good source, but thats not what he was asking for. You gave the rest of the members of iboats no time to respond or offer help before you suggested the poster go elsewhere for help by posting 8 hours (overnight) after the first post, in post #2. I'm not sure how constructive that is.
You've helped me in the past and many others and hope you will continue to do so, but you need to follow the rules like the rest of us. Sorry if I upset you, but you can expect to be called out by me in the future if you continue to market your used parts or keep refering people away from this site without giving other members a chance to help. Simple as that.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
I post what I think will help.
Evidently you think busting my chopps is helping this guy.

Last edited:

davetidy

Recruit
As a non-Volvo guy I'll offer the following: The oil pressure sender is usually next to the oil filter. If you have a remote oil filter follow the lines to where the hoses mount to the engine. The water temp sender is on the thermostat housing. The tach attaches to the negative (-) side of the coil

Firstly, sorry to davetidy for the interuption of his thread. I'm glad to see you have received some help finding info on your wiring from Alldodge and PP40,

The Old Volvo manuals can be tough to understand, but they're all we have to go by. I hope the info will help.

Thanks Guys
I agree that the old manuals are not easy. Seem to be written for people who do not need them. next chance I get I will check the locations for the senders.

PS if you hear a scream it might be when I get stuck trying to access the locations. There are some jobs you need a small boy or monkey to do Lol :lol: