Joint venture drive volvo sx KIing Cobra???Help!

boaters3cck

Cadet
Need help in identifying my possibly unrepairable boat drive. I was told its a 1994 or 1995 cone clutch King Corbra - possibly a drive that was a joint venture b/w Volvo and OMC. Been told by mechanic that lower unit was epoxied and can not be taken apart. Need great advice from someone experienced with these drives on what to do next. Engine is 4.3 V-6. There is no identification on the drive itself. I dont know if its best to try and open it up and repair it, or replace the whole drive with something that will work!! Ive heard that I may be able to replace it with something else. Looking for resouces and anything that can help me move forward. I did post on the OMC fourum but it was suggested I post here b/c of the volvo venture. Thanks! Elissa

Saline Marina

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Some possibly useful information would be...whats thought to be wrong with it/symptoms of the problem(s) and pictures = upload to photobucket and paste the "img" code into the "post reply box".

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Any reason you are posting this again? You already have a thread open for the same topic.

Thalasso

Commander
Any reason you are posting this again? You already have a thread open for the same topic.

Apparently you didn't read her new post.

(quote)
I did post on the OMC fourum but it was suggested I post here b/c of the volvo venture. Thanks! Elissa

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Need a model number to be sure of that.

To the OP, is there at least a picture of the drive?

Last edited:

boaters3cck

Cadet
No Title

Here are pics of the drive- cant find any model/serial #'s on the drive itself. Not sure whats wrong with it- but I saw gear oil as I was docking it. More details in my original post. Thanks for all the help1

Attachments

• photo209071.jpg
    photo209071.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 0
  • photo209072.jpg
    photo209072.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo209073.jpg
    photo209073.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo209074.jpg
    photo209074.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 0

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
So it does look like you have the Volvo/OMC joint venture drive. See if you can find the model number up on the engine at some point though. It will look like the ones posted on your other thread.