96 , Volvo 5.7 water in oil

brightdg

Recruit
When I removed oil filter, oil was brown. Once i started pumping out oil the first 10 or so pumps was water. Boat has only 260 hrs on it and had been running fine...No water leaks on block or no water in bottom of boat or no white smoke while running??? Any idea where the water is coming frim?

Bondo

Staff member
When I removed oil filter, oil was brown. Once i started pumping out oil the first 10 or so pumps was water. Boat has only 260 hrs on it and had been running fine...No water leaks on block or no water in bottom of boat or no white smoke while running??? Any idea where the water is coming frim?

Ayuh,.... What's it's most recent runnin' history,..??

brightdg

Recruit
I bought the boat about 8 weeks ago. It was ( appeared to be ) in great shape. 254 hours on working meter. No major motor parts looked to have been changed. Everything was still a faded OMC gray. I checked the oil before and after the test ride. oil was black but no signs of water. I have had the boat on the water twice. First time for abut 4 hours and it ran great. 2nd time was all day. Kids on tubes for most of the time and it ran great until the last stop about 1/2 mile for dock. After putting everything away 15-20 minutes it was hard to start and would only run below 2000 rpm's. When the key was turned I got a intermittent 2 beep alarm. Motor temp was 160 deg and water pressure was good. At home I pulled oil dip stick, no signs of water. I removed divider beside motor a there was a new oil filter. Yes I missed that. Removed it and oil was milky. Started removing oil and first 10 or so pumps was water and oil was milky also. I have no external water leaks on motor and no white smoke was noticed when it was running. ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!