Engine Serial Number Faded - bank wants the numbers

chiefshocker

Cadet
I'm selling my boat and the buyers bank wants the Engine Serial Number, I have a Volvo Penta 7.4, but the Volvo Plaque is so faded it has no numbers. Is there another place i can find the serial number. Is it on the block of the engine? Or is that a different number?
Thanks

chiefshocker

Cadet
No Title

This is the sticker/plate from the engine. As you can see.. nothing

Attachments

• photo207426.JPG
    photo207426.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 0

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
the drive serial number should be stamped on the drive. the motor serial number will be on a tag on the block near the starter

alldodge

Staff member
If unable to determine the number, send the pics of the plate with the paper work and a statement of "unable to determine". Would be same issue if the engine had been replaced

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
The boat manufacturer will have all that info.
Send them an e-mail with the hull# and they should reply with all the info you need.

chiefshocker

Cadet
The boat manufacturer will have all that info.
Send them an e-mail with the hull# and they should reply with all the info you need.
Good call, i sent them and email and they responded promptly with the engine and drive SIN. Thank you

Fun Times

Staff member
Good call, i sent them and email and they responded promptly with the engine and drive SIN. Thank you
Just for helpful verification, what boat manufacturer were you able to get the info from. Some manufacturers seem to have the info while others may not.

In addition should the boat manufacturer not have the info needed, sometimes if you can get the transom and stern drive serial numbers, contacting Volvo customer service might help get you the original engine serial number as well.:)