Missing Piece

pooley

Cadet
Hello fellow Volvo Owners,

I had a bolt come loose from the top of my carburetor and this brass nozzle came out and went into my engine. Good news is the engine is ok, but I trying to find this piece without buying a new carb. can anyone help?

pooley

Cadet
Sorry got all excited, its a 2004 Bayliner 2.1 Volvo Penta, Solex 44PA1 carb.

PiratePast40

Lieutenant Commander
Not sure what you mean about a bolt coming loose on top. The jet is held in place by it's own screw, and the top needs to be removed for that to be accessible. In any case, I've got one with the screw that goes with it. Need any of the other screws that hold the top on?

Shoot me a PM with your info.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
2004 Bayliner 2.1 Volvo Penta, Solex 44PA1 carb.
That pic doesn't fit the 2004 Volvo system.
The pic is from a mid 80's carb.
The "NOZZLE" is a dealer only item.
Contact Cobe Marine in Pasadena,Md.
Good Volvo parts guy.

pooley

Cadet
Jerry, I did reach out to Cobe yesterday, they don't have the part, but Pirate actually had one and is sending it to me. So it all worked out. Thanks again Pirate.

PiratePast40

Lieutenant Commander
A caution when working with that carb: The bolt that holds the fuel line in place is called a "banjo bolt". There are 2 aluminum crush washers that go on either side of the hose fitting. Tightening the banjo bolt deforms those washers to form a seal. It's possible, but not likely, that the old washers will still seal. I've checked all the auto parts stores but haven't had any luck finding suitable replacements. I order replacement crush washers from iboats or other sources when making my order for things such as replacement impeller or gaskets to make the most of the shipping charges. Be careful with that bolt as well. It's easy to get it cross threaded and strip out the threads on the top plate of the carb. That's why I happen to have a spare carb for parts! :facepalm:

dennis461

Chief Petty Officer
A caution when working with that carb: The bolt that holds the fuel line in place is called a "banjo bolt". There are 2 aluminum crush washers that go on either side of the hose fitting. Tightening the banjo bolt deforms those washers to form a seal. It's possible, but not likely, that the old washers will still seal. I've checked all the auto parts stores but haven't had any luck finding suitable replacements. I order replacement crush washers from iboats or other sources when making my order for things such as replacement impeller or gaskets to make the most of the shipping charges. Be careful with that bolt as well. It's easy to get it cross threaded and strip out the threads on the top plate of the carb. That's why I happen to have a spare carb for parts! :facepalm:

Yes, be CAREFUL with the banjo bolt.
My crush washers look like this...before I cut off the handle :)

http://images.oreillyauto.com/parts/.../84135-007.jpg
84135-007.jpg

Last edited:

pooley

Cadet
That is a great idea. I have ordered a few gaskets and washers to help put it all back together. Being on this forum has been great, thanks to all the info and the help.

pooley

Cadet
Pirate,

I got the part the other day, and it works great!! Thank you so very much. All is well again on river.