What oil for 2004 Volvo Sx outdrive

Seaman84

Seaman
I'm trying to find the right oil for the outdrive on the boat it's a Glastron 195 sx 5.0 volvo penta with a volvo sx drive but my nearest volvo marine shop is 2 hrs away, I have walmart & autozone, what can I use for 75w-90 full synthetic gear oil, I've found valvoline but they all say limited slip and for conventional use. What can I use that can be found at walmart or autozone? That isn't so pricey either, thank you

skydiveD30571

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I've never been able to find something locally in my area that isn't limited slip. I always order Amsoil 75-90 synthetic marine gear lube from their website and it shows up pretty quick...couple days usually. Good luck.

Thalasso

Commander
Anything that is GL-5 rated. I use Mobile 1 from Auto Zone or Advanced auto

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
DonS specifically said not to use GL-5 that says limited slip on it. I used to use Mobil 1 but can't find the non LS version anymore. I buy the Volvo gear oil now.

Seaman84

Seaman
DonS specifically said not to use GL-5 that says limited slip on it. I used to use Mobil 1 but can't find the non LS version anymore. I buy the Volvo gear oil now.
Yes he did, what about the Mobil 1 at autozone? It says for conventional & limited slip? I'm so frustrated with this haha, I want to get on the water this weekend

skydiveD30571

Lieutenant Junior Grade
If it has Limited Slip additives, Mobil 1 will have an "LS" in the lower-righthand corner of the front label. I haven't seen conventional at autozone for some time now.

Seaman84

Seaman
If it has Limited Slip additives, Mobil 1 will have an "LS" in the lower-righthand corner of the front label. I haven't seen conventional at autozone for some time now.
So I called my boat shop, I found a bottle of Yamalube 80w90 GL 4 synthetic marine lower unit oil... & they said they have been running that in my volvo SX for 3 years & that they run that on all of the drives... I'm not sure if I should keep taking it to them. I haven't had any issues at all with my drive except for water in bellows which I fixed. but other than that it runs smoothly. I'm literally about to just buy the Mobil 1 75w90 at autozone I'm just super worried about LS.. I need help

Seaman84

Seaman

So I called my boat shop, I found a bottle of Yamalube 80w90 GL 4 synthetic marine lower unit oil... & they said they have been running that in my volvo SX for 3 years & that they run that on all of the drives... I'm not sure if I should keep taking it to them. I haven't had any issues at all with my drive except for water in bellows which I fixed. but other than that it runs smoothly. I'm literally about to just buy the Mobil 1 75w90 at autozone I'm just super worried about LS.. I need help

skydiveD30571

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Why would you buy something that you are super worried about, and that other people are telling you not to buy? You could have ordered the correct kind yesterday and had it in time for the weekend.

Thalasso

Commander
Mobile1LS in the gray/silver bottle is GL-5 rated. read the bottom paragraph on the back of the bottle or go to the post with the same question. I posted a couple of links for reading.