Volvo Penta SX-A trim and Tilt issues

Riviera M370

Cadet
Hi Guys,

I have been searching through previous threads on this subject matter and came to the conclusion I have to replace the 1st design cover to the trim tilt assembly. Essentially I had two issues:
The main issue was the leg would not move up or down and the pump was in operation, on inspection the oil had leaked out of the hose connector backing plate. I removed the pump cover and found the tiny "O" rings (One ) had been pinched and split, so I replaced this and refilled and bled the system and the leg would raise as it should.
But when I thought all was sorted I noticed a slight weep on the white end cap which I can not seem to resolve and this small amount looks rather horrible in the marina when the trim pump is operating.
I have purchased the new design cover kit, now this is pricy I sourced in my home country (Australia) $918 for the housing and hose kit and in the USA $437 so of course I purchased through the USA, Anyway the question i have is the instruction manual states "Note" remove leg/outdrive unit before changing out reservoir housing, is this actually necessary?
Surely the rams can be separated from the leg/outdrive to gain access to the hose connection?
It is easy to get to by pushing the outdrive to the left and it gives you enough access to work the only issue I see is routing the 4 hose lines and attaching the earth straps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I will be pulling the boat out in the next couple of weeks.

PS I have a Four Winns H310 with twin 5.7 GXI-H's Drive Unit SX-A 1.51 3883600, Transom SX-AACLT42 3885521

Riviera M370

Cadet
Re: Volvo Penta SX-A trim and Tilt issues

I should have gone into the ADULTS only section as I have found my answer in there from Threemilebaywaker
How-to: Volvo Penta SX-A/DPS Trim pump replacement.