Water fuel separating kit (moeller)

Rayroad

Cadet
Hi to all my wife bought me a moeller marine water separating kit for Xmas it has stamped on top of housing for outboard use only it has high flow filter head with 3/8 npt ports can I use it on my 3.0 Volvo inboard ? Thanks.

Last edited:

Thalasso

Commander
Re: Water fuel separating kit (moeller)

Hi to all my wife bought me a moeller marine water separating kit for Xmas it has stamped on top of housing for outboard use only it has high flow filter head with 3/8 npt ports can I use it on my 3.0 Volvo inboard ? Thanks.

Maybe you can exchange it for what you need. If i am not mistaken there is a clear plastic bowl on the bottom of your set up. I/O's and inboards are not allowed to have plastic or glass filters below the decks. I think that's basically the diff. between the two.

Last edited:

Rayroad

Cadet

Thanks but no there just like an oil steel my concern is the top of housing is in printed outboard use only

Fleetwin

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Last edited:

Thalasso

Commander

Thanks but no there just like an oil steel my concern is the top of housing is in printed outboard use only

Whats the bottom of the filter look like. I'll bet it's got a clear/plastic on the bottom so you can see the fuel/water. The inboard or i/o doesn't have this. Coast guard Regs is you can't have clear plastic bowls below the floor.

Standard Clear Site Water Separating System (033314-10, 033328-10, 033341-10 Out board
Superflo Clear Site Water Separating System (033347-10, 033348-10, 033349-10) "

Clear Site Water Separating System for Inboard Engines (033339-10) inboard engines
•Aluminum bowl meets industry fire test requirements.

Is this what it looks like.

Last edited:

Rayroad

Cadet

No there all steel trying to get pic to down loadimage.jpgimage.jpg part #033322-10

Last edited:

Thalasso

Commander

I am at odds why what you are showing wouldn't be okay for your application. get in touch with Moeller and find out why.

Moeller Marine Products
801 North Spring St.
Sparta, TN 38583
Tel: 800-432-8344 or 931-738-8090
Fax: 931-738-9835

Rayroad

Cadet

Ok we'll thanks for your time she bought on line pain in the but to return

Rayroad

Cadet

Now that I look at it the top housing is made of hard plastic not cast that may be why any way thanks happy boating

Thalasso

Commander

Now that I look at it the top housing is made of hard plastic not cast that may be why any way thanks happy boating

Hope everything turns out okay for you. happy boating to you also. At least your wife had good intentions. She tried. By the way, where is Rancho Cucamonga in Ca.

Fleetwin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I didn't catch the "plastic" part. That may be it.

I have a very similar system on my Volvo 3.0L But it is all metal with spin on 10 Micron cartridges. It came with no warnings just a max fuel flow rate of 60GPH.