Starboard trim tab wont move and te out drive wont raise.

mookiex4

Recruit
I have a 90's model Chapparal boat an when I got it home from our last trip te Starboard trim tab wont move and the outdrive wont raise. Does the solenoi for the starboard tab operate the outdrive mechanism? The motor runs on the port Tab and it moves fine.

It seems odd that boh are not working now. Does te solenoid in this case operate both? When I try to raise the out drive I just hear a clicking. When I try to move the Starboard trim tab the motor runs but it won't move. I am not very boat savvy when it comes to this and I cannot take it to the shop with the out drive down.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks to all that can help. I am in the High Sierras and noticed the problem when I winterized the boat. It is on the trailer and unfortunatley will be sitting in my RV yard until I can fix the problem.:confused:

Capt Ken

Commander
Re: Starboard trim tab wont move and te out drive wont raise.

Howz about telling us what you got? What brand tabs and what engine and no the two don't share anything in common except the battery.

Bondo

Staff member

I have a 90's model Chapparal boat an when I got it home from our last trip te Starboard trim tab wont move and the outdrive wont raise. Does the solenoi for the starboard tab operate the outdrive mechanism? The motor runs on the port Tab and it moves fine.

It seems odd that boh are not working now. Does te solenoid in this case operate both? When I try to raise the out drive I just hear a clicking. When I try to move the Starboard trim tab the motor runs but it won't move. I am not very boat savvy when it comes to this and I cannot take it to the shop with the out drive down.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks to all that can help. I am in the High Sierras and noticed the problem when I winterized the boat. It is on the trailer and unfortunatley will be sitting in my RV yard until I can fix the problem.:confused:

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... Like Capt Ken asks,... What motor, 'n What outdrive,...

Check the oil level in yer trim tab pump, 'n Clean, 'n check the wirin' to yer Trim pump,...
I suspect Corrosion,...

daddystoy

Recruit

If they are Bennett trim tabs go to there website and check them out. They have a list a common problems with the solutions. As for your drive not lifting?? like was mentioned before, completely different problem from trim tabs. It might be mechancial, electrical and/or a hydraulic problem or a combination of all three, again depends on your drive.