My personal experience with Pertronix Ignitor II

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegacyT

Petty Officer 1st Class
Finally got around to installing my module the other night. All I can say is wow! No more loping idle, and no more slight misfire at high and WOT throttle! Even though the old points were fairly new and adjusted correctly it still never ran just perfect. If anyone is considering ugrading their points system to electronic I highly recommend it! I also installed a flamethrower II 0.6 ohm coil and wired it directly to 12V as recommended and bypassed the ballast resistor. Well worth the price!

mopower440

Seaman
Finally got around to installing my module the other night. All I can say is wow! No more loping idle, and no more slight misfire at high and WOT throttle! Even though the old points were fairly new and adjusted correctly it still never ran just perfect. If anyone is considering ugrading their points system to electronic I highly recommend it! I also installed a flamethrower II 0.6 ohm coil and wired it directly to 12V as recommended and bypassed the ballast resistor. Well worth the price!

I know this is an old post, but if your still here, how has the pertronix kit held up?

Status
Not open for further replies.