Emergency Volvo 270AQ outdrive exhaust system leaking.

dyepro

Recruit
Hi everybody

I have a 270 outdrive. The ehxaust flange?... item 20 in Fig 56? of the shop manual. It is the exhaust fitting inside the hull. It is leaking badly and starting to come apart. It looks like a custom fabricated unit to mate to this particular motor , Nissan sd33. The welds are crumbling from corrosion.

My question is how does this part come off? I do not see any fasteners from inside the hull. And the diagram from the online manual I have is not great. Cant find a reference to it in the dissasembly instructions.

Thanks for any help on this.

Stef

captmello

Captain
Re: Emergency Volvo 270AQ outdrive exhaust system leaking.

The diagram shows it bolted from the outside of the transom shield, #18 in the drawing.

dyepro

Recruit
Re: Emergency Volvo 270AQ outdrive exhaust system leaking.

Thanks, my diagram is not super clear. I have to find a new one.
I'm hoping I can access those bolts without removing the leg. I got a close look at the part yesterday and it appears that it is a cast volvo 8cyl exhaust yoke that has been cut and welded with a cap on one side and a 90 on the other to connect with the down spout from the motor.
I had to do a 3 hr trip with my patched up exhaust to get her back to the marina yesterday! Works fine for now? Boat is getting pulled on monday.

Thanks again