2007 Volvo Penta 4.3 GL low power

Chewysjetta

Cadet
I have had this boat for about a year and a half.

2007 Four Winns 180 with a Volvo 4.3 GL.

Over labor day weekend i decided to take it out. It lives in a boat slip pretty much year round here in Florida. As soon as i was ready to get it to speed it noticeably had a hard time planing. At WOT it would do no more than 4000 rpms and seemed to struggle. When i would try to trim it a bit it would start to porpose. I'm thinking a fuel problem or spark plug problem.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 2007 Volvo Penta 4.3 GL low power

I have had this boat for about a year and a half.

2007 Four Winns 180 with a Volvo 4.3 GL.

Over labor day weekend i decided to take it out. It lives in a boat slip pretty much year round here in Florida. As soon as i was ready to get it to speed it noticeably had a hard time planing. At WOT it would do no more than 4000 rpms and seemed to struggle. When i would try to trim it a bit it would start to porpose. I'm thinking a fuel problem or spark plug problem.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... I'd sooner think yer draggin' 'round Too much sea life,...

Crud on the hull is a performance Killer,...

Chewysjetta

Cadet

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... I'd sooner think yer draggin' 'round Too much sea life,...

Crud on the hull is a performance Killer,...

I cleaned the hull about a month ago. It had been in about a year and was fine even after a year. i will pull it this weekend and have a look. Any other possibilities?

Walt T

Lieutenant

Water in the bilge or livewell?

Chewysjetta

Cadet

i have also checked the prop for anything and made sure it was turning freely.