Volvo penta cobra SX-CT1 HELP REMOVING OUTDRIVE

justinteoc

Seaman
Ok so im new to the boating hobby and could use a little advice. Im a diesel mechanic so i think i have the skills just need the knowledge, ha but i have a volvo penta sx ct1 outdrive and the trim line on the right side of the foot is leaking so ive tried and tried to get to the inside line but i cant so ive decided to remove the foot well i removed the 6 bolts and removed the back half of the foot well i still cant get to the hyd. lines so im trying to remove the transom i believe is what its called i have the bottom pin removed and i have all the bolts out of the steering arm there is 4 small nuts and 1 big bolt in the center but it will rock and rock but i cant get to come loose from the steering arm. Does anyone please have any tips or advice to finish removing this.? any comments will be highly appreciated. And also the giimball bearings and the u joints are in really good shape is there any other things that need to be checked as for a preventative maintainence? one more thing does anyone know the size of the socket that fits the 2 12 point pins that let the transom pivot up and down?

Last edited:

justinteoc

Seaman
Re: Volvo penta cobra SX-CT1 HELP REMOVING OUTDRIVE

dam what good is this site if there is no replies
:confused: