Re: Volvo Penta 4cyl ignition/tune up question

wild3

Recruit

Don,

I just picked up this thread and your advise about buying tune up parts from volvopentastore.com, this will be real I helpful for me, thanks! I just bought a 2002 Stingray with a 3.0 GSP-C. I was about to buy plugs, wires, cap, points, condenser, rotor, PVC and gas filter from West Marine and this will save me a bundle! Question - volvopentastore.com sells a cap and rotor but they don't show points and condenser. Any idea if that's included with the cap or rotor?

Thans!

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

In the future, start a new thread of your own when you have a question. Makes it easier to actually see your question.

To answer your question, you don't have points and condenser. You have electronic ignition.

wild3

Recruit

In the future, start a new thread of your own when you have a question. Makes it easier to actually see your question.

To answer your question, you don't have points and condenser. You have electronic ignition.

Thanks Don! I hadn't pulled the cap off and just assumed it wasn't electronic. Thanks for the advice on the forum as well, this was my first time posting here.

Dan