1998 4.3 Volvo Penta Fuel Pump Problem ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pete2833

Recruit
I have a 1998 Four Winns Horizon 180 with a 4.3GL Volvo Penta. Took it out on the lake a couple weeks ago and it quit running after it sat for an hour while the kids were swimming. Got it back to camp. Wasn't getting fuel. Next morning it started right up. Took it out this weekend. Started right up. Ran for an hour or so. Parked at beach so kids could swim. Got in it and started right up. Went 50 yards and died. No fuel again. The fuel pump is not coming on. Got a new relay and the fuel pump will still not run. I checked with my volt meter and when cranking the plug at the fuel pump is getting between 10-12 volts. Does this mean that my fuel pump is bad ? Never had any issues till this yr when it sat over winter and now this yr, this fuel problem. Thanks Pete

nitwhit

Seaman
Re: 1998 4.3 Volvo Penta Fuel Pump Problem ?

If it's getting power to the plug but not running, sounds like it has finally died. Mine did the same and it was an easy swap. Put a Sierra 18-7326 pump on and it has worked well.

joga01

Recruit
Re: 1998 4.3 Volvo Penta Fuel Pump Problem ?

my fuel pump does not make a sound is there a way to test it

natev68

Recruit
I know this is a very old thread, however, I'm curious if you were able to figure out what the issue is? I am having the exact same issue as described, where it will run fine, park for an hour or so, get about 50 yards and then dies. It has happened twice with the exact same scenario. I have changed the fuel pump thinking that was the issue but it still isn't working. It seems like the fuel pump isn't getting power for some reason. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I know this is a very old thread, however, I'm curious if you were able to figure out what the issue is? I am having the exact same issue as described, where it will run fine, park for an hour or so, get about 50 yards and then dies. It has happened twice with the exact same scenario. I have changed the fuel pump thinking that was the issue but it still isn't working. It seems like the fuel pump isn't getting power for some reason. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks.

Since none of the posters in this thread visit the forum anymore, you won't ever find out. Read the Help Tip on top of the page and start a new thread.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.