VOLVO Steering Assy rebuild

blazer7

Cadet
I have 2002 Glastron 249. I just repowered the boat and now my steering assy is leaking at the ram. I have seen they are not rebuildable per VP. But I have also seen people say they have done it. Every thread I come across does not ever finish by telling what they did to replace it, how they did it, or where they got the parts much less the size of o rings to source.
If anyone has any info I would love to hear it.

Assy is a 3860883 and I have found that 3862513, 3862210, 3821169 are interchangeable. I have also heard that you need to make a spanner tool to open unit.

Again, I have done lots of searches and always come up empty, or half answer or " buy one on e-bay"

Bondo

Staff member
Re: VOLVO Steering Assy rebuild

I have 2002 Glastron 249. I just repowered the boat and now my steering assy is leaking at the ram. I have seen they are not rebuildable per VP. But I have also seen people say they have done it. Every thread I come across does not ever finish by telling what they did to replace it, how they did it, or where they got the parts much less the size of o rings to source.
If anyone has any info I would love to hear it.

Assy is a 3860883 and I have found that 3862513, 3862210, 3821169 are interchangeable. I have also heard that you need to make a spanner tool to open unit.

Again, I have done lots of searches and always come up empty, or half answer or " buy one on e-bay"

Ayuh,.... Don'tcha Hate that,..?? Non-follow-up postin' is the downfall of many forums,....

I don't do Volvos so much, but I wonder if the P/S actuators might be the same as Merc's, or OMC's,..??

blazer7

Cadet
Re: VOLVO Steering Assy rebuild

I even tried to cross ref that as well and had even less luck with that. Anyone care to give their .02 worth?