2001 Volvo Penta 5.7 GSI Fuel Injector flow specs

JSCOTT80

Recruit
Hi, I am new here and you guys are my last hope . I am working on a 2001 Volvo penta 5.7 GSi that goes into a limp mode type op while running at full throttle. I am looking for the specs that will give me the fuel injection flow numbers for this boat can anyone help. Or has anyone else experienced this type of problem and found a solution.
Thanks guys love this site. I have found answers before but couldn't find anything for this problem

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 2001 Volvo Penta 5.7 GSI Fuel Injector flow specs

Those numbers aren't going to help you a bit, besides , they aren't published.
What you need to do is get it hooked up to a diagnostic computer and find out whats putting it into limp mode. Injectors are not a likely cause. What's the full model number (or serial number) of your engine? Year doesn't mean much either.

JSCOTT80

Recruit

ok serial # is 4011041253 model # is 3869059 it's a 5.7 gsi peff motor. It isn't necessarily a limp mode I may have misspoke that is what my customer is calling it. We know we put after market injectors in and I don't think they are right.
The only reason we replaced injectors is because boat sat with water in fuel and rusted injectors. When I went to order them I was told they are almost impossible to get. So I located a comparable set but don't think they are correct. It has been to Volvo dealer checked and tested all systems and the only thing left are the injectors and we can't get any specs to check on. let me know what you think
thanks for the help

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

The serial number doesn't work, the engine is probably a 5.7GSi PEFS since there is no ff as the last two letters.

You might try sending the injectors out (with the proper model number for the engine) and have them checked out by an injector cleaning and rebuilding shop. They have all the specs, plus the rebuilds are a lot cheaper than new.