• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Looking for Genuine Volvo Penta parts? Visit the volvopentastore.com - powered by iboats.com to receive FREE SHIPPING on orders over $99!

Looking for Genuine Volvo Penta parts? Visit volvopentastore.com - powered by iboats.com to receive FREE SHIPPING on orders over $99! UPS Ground only. Not available on Alaska, Hawaii, or international orders.
2 of 2 < >

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Below are some additional forum policies in hopes of all iboats members will follow, Thank you.

1. Please do not reply to old topics or hijack existing topics. Old topics of a technical nature are like a library book, Please do not write in them.

2. Old topics should be considered archives and used for reference only. Please do not reply to them.

3. Do not take over someone elseís topic (aka hijack) with your own question, even if it is similar. If you have a question that has not been covered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new topic of your own.

4. If you have a question for the original poster (OP) and the topic is over 30 days old, send the OP a PM, he may not even visit the forums any longer, or may not notice your question in the old topic.

5. By starting your own topic, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum helpers that may not even notice your question when itís posted at the end of someone elseís topic. And those answers will be specific to your particular issue.

6. Please do not post to topics that have been inactive for more than 3 months unless you are the original poster. We have very active forums and any topic that remains inactive for that long should be considered "dead". It is especially confusing when there is an entirely new question posted to an old topic.

7. Posting at the end of any topic is considered to be hijacking the original posters topic which in turn subjects the topic to be closed if it continues to happen thus not making it fair to the original poster in the future had for some reason he/she needed to return for additional information or provide an update of the problem solved which is always welcomed within a reasonable amount of time frame.

8. Please note that you should see a red banner pop up near the bottom of each inactive topic asking you not to reply to old topics. The Red banner will read: Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
http://forums.iboats.com/forum-rules-guidelines-405/
See more
See less

Replacement Impeller Volvo Penta 3.0GL D-MMDA

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Impeller Volvo Penta 3.0GL D-MMDA

I'm looking for a replacement impeller for my 1994 Glastron SSV 175. It has a Volvo Penta 3.0GL D-MMDA engine. The part number on the impeller says Volvo Penta 3862465 and when I look for a genuine Volvo Penta part it says discontinued. I wouldn't mind ordering a cheaper after market part but I want to make sure I get the right one. First time I've tried to replace this on my own. Your expertise is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jesse

Re: Replacement Impeller Volvo Penta 3.0GL D-MMDA

3854286 I think this is the part# you need??
    Seawater Pump 3.0GLMMDA, 3.0GSPMDA - 7748010 - Volvo Penta
    IF YOUR OUTBOARD DOESN"T START WITHING A FEW SECONDS THEN SOMETHING"S WRONG!!!!

Other websites are NOT the place to buy parts.They managed to screw up my last 4 orders.
    NO communication,NO follow through. Incompetent staff.Nuff said!

Buy American made Cars and Trucks!!!Towing insurance for a boat,a GREAT thing.

If you fix your problem,do the rest of the posters a favor and send in one more post telling who,what, how it was fixed.J

88 Bayliner 21CC Twin 85hp Forces.

Comment

Originally posted by jerryjerry05 View Post
      3854286 I think this is the part# you need??
      Seawater Pump 3.0GLMMDA, 3.0GSPMDA - 7748010 - Volvo Penta
      Thanks for your help,
      Unfortunately I dont think that's the one, the impeller I pulled had a sprocket like connection in the middle. This one is a circular connection with a notch in it. I actually purchased 2 similar impellers #3854286 like this:
      Maintenance Parts 3.0GLMMDA, 3.0GSPMDA - 7748010 - Volvo Penta

Thinking that matched up with my engine type to find out that they had the wrong connection type like this.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	1273c3fd2d1c8e12f2a839674c4970db.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	167629

Now I'm thinking maybe the previous boat owner swapped out my raw pump and this is why I'm having trouble finding a part. I may have to make the 1.5 hour drive to my nearest dealer, what a pain. I'll post a photo of the pulled impeller later.

Thanks for your help, any other ideas would be much appreciated.

Jesse

Comment

Jesse - what I've found so far is that you're correct, water pumps can be different depending on previous owners, manufacturing date, etc. There's no correct impeller for a specific engine, only a correct impeller for a specific water pump. You should be able to either get the pump part number by pulling the pump itself, or get the impeller part number off the impeller itself. On yours it should be stamped into the metal on the inside lip, and say something like "Volvo Penta 825940" or similar. Unmounting the pump only takes about 15 minutes, so you can always take that with you to the dealer to make sure (good insurance, as the local dealer here gave me a kit with the right impeller, but the wrong gaskets. When I showed them the pump, the senior parts guy corrected the first guy's mistake and gave me the right kit). Hope this helps,

Chris

Comment

3862465 was replaced by impeller kit #3862567

see this thread: http://forums.iboats.com/mercruiser-...rts-57442.html
          3.0GSMEFS with SX-M 1.97

Comment

Originally posted by vwbugman69 View Post
            3862465 was replaced by impeller kit #3862567

see this thread: http://forums.iboats.com/mercruiser-...rts-57442.html
            Thank you everyone! vwbugman69, that looks like the right part. The sierra version is 18-3276
            Water Pump Impeller Kit for Volvo Penta - Sierra 18-3276-1 - iboats

I did speak with a boat mechanic and they told me it was a pretty common impeller. I may need to find one with a matching gasket. Here is a pic of my shredded impeller.

Thanks again,
            Jesse

Comment

Working...
            X