Replace trim/tilt hydraulic line - HOW?

tstewart1

Seaman Apprentice
Hello,

I have a DP-SM outdrive where the interior up hydraulic line corroded and failed. The line goes from the Trim/tile pump to the interior side of the hydraulic manifold on the transom shield. The crimp connector on the line rusted/corroded and split so the 90degree metal end is still screwed to the manifold. The question is, what is the easiest way to replace this line? The engine is directly in front of the transom shield and I can barely see where the hydraulic lines connect to the manifold. I am not sure I will be able to get a wrench back there. Is it easier to pull the outdrive, remove the lines from the exterior of the manifold then pull the manifold? Is that even possible if the lines are already connected on the interior side? Any cool special tools that would make this easier?

I have attached a couple of pictures, in one of them you can see the barbed nut portion of the line still attached to the manifold and the other picture is the end of the line that correded. Any suggestions on the easiest way to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

2012-11-12 11.52.42-1024.jpg2012-11-12 15.22.40-1024.jpg

Thanks

Tim

tstewart1

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Replace trim/tilt hydraulic line - HOW?

I have the service manual and just read that I need to pull the outdrive off, disconnect the hydraulic lines from the manifold, remove the nut from the manifold then pop the manifold out. According to the diagrams, the manifold should come out with the interior lines attached then it should be a simple matter of removing the interior lines. I understand all of this, but am hoping some experienced sole has an easier way :)

Thanks

Tim

tstewart1

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks. Any idea what the part number is for the interior hydraulic hose? The outdrive is a dp-sm1 (serial: 4202105895 - model 3868913). I THINK the part number for the hose is 3853825 but I am not exactly sure. My hose has a 90degree bend on the pump side and I believe there should be either a 90 or 45 bend on the manifold side.

Tim

dypcdiver

Lieutenant Junior Grade

The part number you quote (3853825) seems to be the same for both hoses and is used in about 10 other variations of the drive.
I am sure that the USA site can confirm, I cannot access it now as for some reason in the last year it has become unavailable to people who live outside the States, probably because USA prices are half what we pay here in Europe.

John2037

Petty Officer 3rd Class

If you have a Parker Hose around, they may be able to make you some