Trim Hose replacement HELP Volvo AQ151C penta 290 sp

Joeyvee

Recruit
Ok. the other night we noticed oil popping up to the surface behind the boat.. an 89 sunrunner. so we try the trim. no good. hoses are busted. so we pull the boat. and we need to replace both hoses. ones leaky ones about to leak.. we got one off easily. cant reach the other side. is there an easy trick to this without replacing the outdrive. i told my friend and boat partner the easy way is to take the outdrive off. But i dunno. anyone been there? done that? knows how to help me? im good with cars. real good. but not experienced alot with boats. thanks for readng. ANY help is appreciated.

spartanpele

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Trim Hose replacement HELP Volvo AQ151C penta 290 sp

Do you have any pics? Is the problem that you can't get to the hoses, or they're on too tight?

Joeyvee

Recruit

well. this is going on what my friend says. im guessing if they were on loose a simple turn of the wrench would get it off. BUT he says he cant reach em.. and no pics.. sorry. <br /><br />thanks for the reply. this is huge.

spartanpele

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Is it possible to remove something from your interior, or the engine in order to get to the hoses? <br /><br />If all else fails, you can always ask your local marina how they would do it, or *gasp* tow it in and have them fix it for you.<br /><br />Some jobs are worth doing yourself, and sometimes its best to let someone else get the knucklebusters...

spartanpele

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I just reread your first post...you said it would be easy if you just removed your outdrive? Well, unless someone else has a trick, I guess I'd just remove the outdrive and get it over with. Sorry...not helping am I...

Joeyvee

Recruit

yeah i know. it would be easier to do the hose job. but harder in general. damn good thing i know the kid at the marina since we were little. $10 a foot to pull it out.. $10 a foot to put it back in.. thats $400. he took it out for the promise of a future beer. i lveo him.. lol.. i gave him ALOT of free mortgage advice so he wouldnt get ripped off tho so i guess were even. my friend knows someone very good with boats too. so we're very lucky. we wouldnt have a baot if we didnt have little hookups. and it wouldnt be running without seans friend. although it took him a day to get it running and its been good for two years. cant complain. i guess were jsut gonna keep trying tonight. thanks for the help. it was a help. just seeing a response was cool.. lol.

bigbad 4cyl x2

Petty Officer 1st Class

cool someone else with the same boat i have .i have a sunrunner 195b, with a 151c, and 290sp . how do you like the setup . is the 4cyl powerfull enough in this application. i am reduing the boat and never had it in the water sence buying it. can you give a fun report.any pictures

JoeyveeNY

Recruit

Plenty powerul. soemtimes she stalls when I go from no wake and jsut nail it.. but it gets up to speed pretty quick. and stays there. its been running a little hot.. I htink because my friend swears we need 100% antifreeze int he rad and no water. WTF. who ever did that? water cools better. lower boiling point but cools better. i think thats the reason. I know racecars run with like 90% water for that reason. no pics now. get it int he water. its a fun boat.