volvo penta aq130 alternator wiring diagram

skyehi

Recruit
hi people,i,m new on here and hoping someone can help? i have a selco ancas queen 24 with 2 volvo penta aq130 engines and 2 250 outdrive legs,the starboard alternator has never charged. then today the port one flattend the battery,this one looks quite new but there seems to be a few wires at the back that dont do nothing a blue one a black one and a red one that are just hanging around there is a green one too,it is the volvo wiring looms that are in there and i suppose they are old but i hope someone can help thanks in advance stuart............confused:

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: volvo penta aq130 alternator wiring diagram

Remove your alternators, and take them to your local starter/alternator/electric motor shop and have them tested and repaired. Those shops can usually fix things much cheaper than new, and much better than the cheap aftermarket alternators sold today.

skyehi

Recruit
Re: volvo penta aq130 alternator wiring diagram

hi,that would be the way to go but they are car alternators that were put on by last owner and from what i,ve been reading they can be dangerous around fumes,i had a look on ebay and you can get a marine alternator for 108 and 6.95 postage so i,ll think i,ll go that way at least then they are done with...............