Volvo Penta 2.3L throttle Cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTP

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 1985 Bayliner with the volvo Penta 2.3, with the 275 outdrive.

The other day I was cruising the river and slowed down to cross a ski boats wake and went to apply power and I had nothing, I was stuck at the throttle setting I had last been in.
But I have full reverse(but nothing in between) on the reverse side and basically 1/3 throttle forward(on the forward side) no matter where the throttle controller is set at.

I'm assuming that this is throttle cable(is there a more technically term?). Is that the correct assumption?
To verify this what should I look for/at?
Anything else I should check that may be causing this?

The boat has been missing the neutral release button? for as long as I have had though boat, would that play into this
(when I say Neutral release, the boat at point I believe have a button/lever that had to be pulled/pushed before you could shift out of neutral into forward or reverse.)

If so how hard would it be for me to replace it on my own with out any special boat tools(I have all the tools to work on cars and hydraulic machinery)?

Thanks for the help.

Schonl

Cadet
So did you ever figure it out? If you changed the throttle cable how hard was it to do?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Schonl

He won't tell! He walked out the door after starting this thread and never returned. The Kingston Trio sang a song about him.

Read the Help Tip on top of the page and start a new thread.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.