1975 Glastron 179 with 130a volvo motor, NOT cranking over

wutsupy

Recruit
Hello ,
I am brand new to boating and also brand new to this site.

Last week me and a friend found a boat for sale, we paid $600 for it, the guy said he had it running and on the river last year ( i live in wisconsin}

We took it home, replaced the ignition switch, replaced the spark plugs, bought a muff. cleaned her up, shined the hull and today we changed the ignition switch, Turned key and nothing,
The insterment panel all works, blower, the other pump runs but when turning over we dont hear anyclick or anything, the started just gets hot, and on the same subject the tilt for the prop does nothing to the motor, also no click.
So we are taking the starter off, clean whatever we can and see if she works, as for the tilt i have no idea what would cause that.

Any help would be appreciated

cctcct67

Recruit
Re: 1975 Glastron 179 with 130a volvo motor, NOT cranking over

There should be a starter relay on that motor near transom wall close to starter. Try that and make sure drive is in not engaged there is a switch there that wont let you start if drive is locked in.

wutsupy

Recruit
Re: 1975 Glastron 179 with 130a volvo motor, NOT cranking over

Tried the switch, i belive that is the one that connects the hot from battery to the starter? yes it is in the correct position, about the switch i tried the throttle in all positions and played with the switch that was below the throttle. Is that the switch you were talking about, It is right below the throttle and is chrome.