4.3 Volvo Penta Fuel Pump not working , need help finding Diode please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ram750

Cadet
Hi Guys ,

I followed a thread found on here yesterday and managed to isolate my issue and get my friends boat running. The problem is that the relay for the electric fuel pump is not coming on. The power from the alternator to activate the relays winding is not giving anything on the relay side. The alternator is putting 12-13v from the green wire so at this point I can only imagine its the diode between ....

thread followed to isolate my problem...
http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=297584&fb_source=message

Thanks Don BTW !

In the mean time I rigged up a little jumper with a switch to allow him to start the pump manually by jumping current at the relays socket.

ram750

Cadet
Re: 4.3 Volvo Penta Fuel Pump not working , need help finding Diode please...

Do you know where the o.e one is located ? just so I can try and pin point if the wire is broken or something ?

The problem is that @ the alternator I do have 13 some volts but not at the relay ... So I can only figure that the wire or the diode is baked..

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

In the green wire someplace, where exactly is impossible to say. Just follow the wire till you find it.

ram750

Cadet

It run's right into a bigger harness as soon as it leaves the Alternator ... I would have to cut and open the tape everywhere to find ... Might just run another wire with a new diode in it , do you know if this feeds anything else ?

Thanks

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
did anybody find out where to buy the diodes??

Please read the Help Tip on top of the page. Start a new topic with your question because this one is close to 4 years old.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.