88 Baretta success cuddy info needed

cncfe

Cadet
I have 21' 88 baretta cuddy with a aq171c and 290 drive, Does anyone have any info on this boat/motor/drive???

I am new to this and dont know what i need to do as far as maintance. Do i only have to worry about gas in the boat and oil change?? i dont enjoy things breaking and then saying to myself " oh i didnt know i needed to check that"

I have already had impeller go out, and timing belt break, since it is down for now i figured i would take the time to learn all i can about it while i repair the problems it has now.

Is there any thing i need to grease? any other oil i need to check other then engine oil?

just need someone to point me in the right direction.

thanks.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 88 Baretta success cuddy info needed

Go to this link http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?p=2360521#post2360521 Item #10 will take you to the Volvo site where you can download an owners manual. It has a maintenance schedule and information on what should be done when.
I would also suggest you change the ujoint bellows. When they fail, things get expensive very fast.

cncfe

Cadet

thanks for the info, is much helpfull, do you by chance know where i can find the spark plug gap for this paticular engine? I cannot seem to find it anywhere?

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

It's in the owners manual you downloaded.

cncfe

Cadet

thanks, found it... i missed it the first time i looked.