My volvo penta 270 outdrive lifts out of the water in reverse

Status
Not open for further replies.

cotejh

Recruit
I have a 1973 Orion 19ft with a aq170a/270.<br />The last time I took my bout out fishing I noticed that my outdrive was lifting out of the water when in reverse, Also noticed water in my engine oil. Can any one help me!!<br /><br />Thanks, Josh

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: My volvo penta 270 outdrive lifts out of the water in reverse

2 Seperate and problems.<br />The lockdown problem could be worn lockdown linkage, corroded linkage, linkage stuck due to shells, barnacals etc. Volvo makes a kit for the lockdown mechanism that includes new paws and springs.<br /><br />The water could be from blown head gasket, bad oil cooler, leaky exhaust manifold.

TSGFROMPSJ

Recruit

How Do I Create A New Post?thanks

Sparkinator

Chief Petty Officer

Go to the main page for Merc/Volvo forum. At the bottom of the page, below all of the different thread titles, is an icon CREATE NEW POST. Click that icon.

rebrod

Recruit

Don,
Sorry, but im new to the whole having a boat thing. We bought an old 1986 Invader that has a volvo penta AQ125B/270. I am also having the issue with the trim raising in reverse. Where can i find a kit for the lockdown mechanism and is it a hard fix? I appreciate any advice from anyone. Thanks.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Time to start a new thread of your own rebrod, otherwise your question will be lost in the middle of someone elses thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.