tilt pump wiring harness no where to hookup?? *photos* (volvo trim pump sx)

capeshore

Seaman
trim pump wires.jpgtilt pump harness.jpg

Two wire older style volvo pump (red fill plug,not newer plastic reservoir one.)

So to confirm before I spend money I don't have. Jumping the up or down wires (blue,green) to the pos. on the battery and pushing the throttle arm trim button up or down and it doesn't work means the trim pump is bad? Or since it's directly connected it should go on?

Also where does the red and black wire with harness go? I have no spot on the engine (new indmar 5.7 )

Thanks guys, this is the last piece of the puzzle before I can go in for the first time in over a year !!

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: tilt pump wiring harness no where to hookup?? *photos* (volvo trim pump sx)

Also where does the red and black wire with harness go? I have no spot on the engine (new indmar 5.7 )

That round plug with the red and a black wire to it, is where the trim pump picks up power and ground from your original engine. See diagram. trim.jpg

To test the pump motor itself, remove the green and blue wires from the motor and hook one to battery positive the other to negative. Doesnt make any difference which is which, if you want the motor to go the other way, just switch the wires. The relays in the breaker/relay box just reverse the motor.

SX OMC Trim Troubleshooting.jpg

capeshore

Seaman
Re: tilt pump wiring harness no where to hookup?? *photos* (volvo trim pump sx)

Thank you Don, per your test methods the pump etc was all bad, I am not surprised.I bought a used one today that the guy tested for me at the salvage place.Looks just like your picture "2". By the way pic 1 won't enlarge.

So can I wire it as this (using picture 2) "A" to positive battery or starter red. "B" to negative or engine ground lug. Then D,E, and F to the throttle trim switch and be done with it? Or an I missing something..this now after your reply seems easy...which worries me ;)

That round plug with the red and a black wire to it, is where the trim pump picks up power and ground from your original engine. See diagram. View attachment 148512

View attachment 148515