Drain Plugs on a 5.0Gi Volvo SX

I did my best to search for previous questions regarding the information I seek, but was unlucky. So here it goes...<br /><br />I have a 1998 FourWinns 180 Limited Edition Horizon with a 5.0Gi and OMC SX outdrive. While winterizing for the first time, I could only find two plugs to drain the water (on each side of the block). I checked the manifold, but could not find any additional plugs. Are there only two plugs on that engine for draining, or have I missed something? <br /><br />I also removed all hoses and drained from them as well. I poured RV antifreeze down the hoses before replacing. <br /><br />Thanks in advance for your help.

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
Re: Drain Plugs on a 5.0Gi Volvo SX

Don't the manifolds have rubber caps on them that have a hose clamp holding them on? Remove them and see if it drains. If you removed the hose feeding each manifold it may have drained but you'd want the front end pointed down to help it drain.

mikeneal

Senior Chief Petty Officer

The there should be 3/4 inch water hoses that run from the t-stat housing to the 90 deg fittings on ther front of each manifold, oppoisite those on the rear should be the drains for the manifolds.

Thanks Guys!<br /><br />You were 100% on target. There were rubber caps on the back of each manifold. It looked like I got the water out OK from the front however. I had to back my boat out of the driveway, and turn it around to drain out of the front of the manifolds.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Oops, wrong tread.