Help finding part number for outdrive-trim cylinder pin caps

security6

Petty Officer 2nd Class
When I removed my outdrive a couple of the caps that cover the pin which connects the trim cylinders to the outdrive were brittle and broke when I tried to put them back on. I've attached a picture (not my boat) showing the caps I'm talking about. I've looked in the iboats store but can't find this part anywhere. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Boat is a 1999 Volvo 5.7GSPEFS with a Volvo SX outdrive.

Thanks!outdrive.JPG

security6

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Help finding part number for outdrive-trim cylinder pin caps

Don,

The link sends me to the iboats official volva penta store, but it doesn't point me to a specific product. I tried it in both internet explorer and firefox.

Sorry to be a bother, but could you let me know what category I could find it in? Or maybe a part number? I looked under both engines and outdrives, but I didn't see it there. Thanks!

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Click on the Genuine Volvo Penta Parts link. There you can choose your engine and/or drive.

security6

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Click on the Genuine Volvo Penta Parts link. There you can choose your engine and/or drive.

I've done that. I've looked at the various schematics for the engine and for the drive. I don't see the caps (or any of the trim/tilt mechanism) in any of the schematics. I looked under both engine (5.7GSPEFS) and drive (SXM 1.60). I feel like this should be really easy, but I'm just not seeing it.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Sorry, wasn't thinking. It's Volvo parts lookup, nothing is obvious. :facepalm:

When you look under the drives and you found SXM 1.60 just a few spots up you will see SX-M. That is for the transom shield. No way of knowing that except being used to it. Once you click on that it eventually gets you to the trim cylinders.

http://www.volvopentastore.com/Trim...on_id.020441081--store_id.366--view_id.783187

security6

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thank-you! Part #3857522. I figured there had to be some trick to it. :)