Need help with Volvo-Penta trim sensor part number

lt4247

Cadet
Don S,

I have spent an hour looking for the right part number to get to replace my trim position sensor. I have the old 3855074 which has broken wires (3) in a 1999 Volvo 4.3 SX.

Can you please plug in my serial number and tell me which part number to order?

Motor: 4110167984
Drive: 4112058566
Plate: 4111588046

Any help greatly appreciated. There is no Volvo dealer nearby me....

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Need help with Volvo-Penta trim sensor part number

Well, while I was waiting for you to repost, I went searching. Can I give you a number, not, can I tell you how to look them up, yes.
I looked up your drive and engine and all that good stuff but for the life of me, I can't tell you what the part number is for that sender.

The OEM site shows one number for 385 bucks, another site shows a different number for 180, none of the part numbers are the same, and I have no way of knowing which one is the right one anymore. In the past year it has been getting tought to figure out, but now, it's impossible. Without going to a dealer, I have no clue how to find the right number anymore.

With your serial numbers, you can go HERE to find out model numbers. You have a 4.3GLPBYC engine with an SX-M drive.

If it was my boat, and since your BY was the beginning of the SX-M series of drives, I would go with 3849411 part number. Just CLICK HERE then type the 3849411 part number in to the add to cart in the upper right (iboats is the store for Volvo).

Problem is, I could not find that part number on that site, I had to convert the old number 3863007 to that new number from another site. Gawd I hate Volvos parts system. The change numbers all the time and leave no tracks of where, when and what numbers superseded to or from.

EDIT And all that only took me 45 minutes.:facepalm:

Last edited:

lt4247

Cadet

Thanks for your time. Honestly, based on the other threads I thought you could put in my serial numbers in the dealer section and the part would be quickly available. I would not have asked you if I had known differently. It is very frustrating for me too. I will see if I can find #3849411.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

That part number is right here at iboats if you click the link I gave you. I've been wanting to sit down and actually trace it down for a long time. Just didn't have a reason. Let us know how it works out for you.