1999 Volvo U-Joint and Trim Cylinder kit

jimc46

Cadet
I have a 1999 Volvo 5.0 GI with a Sx-M 1.60 ratio drive. I would like to do two things the first is to replace the u-joints and the second is to repair the trim cylinders.. Can anyone provide me with the correct part number for the U - Joint and secondly does anyone know if there are repair kits for the trim cylinders ?

Thanks in advance.

jimc46

Cadet
Re: 1999 Volvo U-Joint and Trim Cylinder kit

Don if you will. I have seen comments of going to the adult section and have looked everywhere on iboatrs but cannot find it . Any suggestions?

Bondo

Staff member

Don if you will. I have seen comments of going to the adult section and have looked everywhere on iboatrs but cannot find it . Any suggestions?

Ayuh,... The links to the Adults Only section are at the top of each I/O forum...

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

attachment.php

Attachments

• Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 0

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Yes the trim kits work quite well, takes about 20 minutes. Now this is going to sound funny but.....the directions tell you to cut up a pop can to be used as a sleeve to guide the new rings into place. Make the sleeve 1" longer that stated...:D Easy job and has held for a 1 1/2.

jimc46

Cadet

Yes the trim kits work quite well, takes about 20 minutes. Now this is going to sound funny but.....the directions tell you to cut up a pop can to be used as a sleeve to guide the new rings into place. Make the sleeve 1" longer that stated...:D Easy job and has held for a 1 1/2.

Gunner is the OMC part number for these kits 985060 ? Thnak you for your comments !!!!