Volvo SX trim hose

Havasu38

Cadet
2000 Volvo SX. The trim hose that goes from the trim pump to the transom is leaking and needs to be replaced. I can't see how to get to the fitting to remove it. Does the engine have to be removed to access this?

74bayliner

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Volvo SX trim hose

Hi, we need a little more information such as what kind of Volvo SX ... SX-1, SX-MTD, etc etc...please provide for better assistance

Coho salmon

Recruit
I have 1999 Volvo Penta 5.0 FI that trim hose sprung a leak. One marine mechanic said he will need to remove the engine to access one end of the hydraulic hose. I took the boat to my car mechanic who replaced 2 inside hydraulic trim hoes with out removing the engine or the lower unit. Here is the picture of the tools that he made to remove fittings that is so difficult to access. The wrench size is 7/16. Small mirror and a flash light is also needed. Good luck and happy boating. Coho

CaptStephan

Recruit
So, I have been searching for an answer to this same question. I spent over two hours tonight and only have some broken tools to show for it. Mine is a 2003 Volvo Penta 4.3GL with the SX outdrive. The previous owner spliced one of the hydraulic lines with a brass hose barb fitting and it can't handle the pressure. I want to replace the hose, but I can't get to the end behind the motor and on the front side of the drive. There must be a way that doesn't involve removing the outdrive. I can see the manifold from the back side with the outdrive all the way over to port. The manifold is on starboard and has the four hoses that run to the two rams. Any help is greatly appreciated as I can't seem to figure it out and can't seem to find a manual or any instructions (except info on the other end / pump assembly).

Thanks,
Stephan

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
So, I have been searching for an answer to this same question. I spent over two hours tonight and only have some broken tools to show for it. Mine is a 2003 Volvo Penta 4.3GL with the SX outdrive. The previous owner spliced one of the hydraulic lines with a brass hose barb fitting and it can't handle the pressure. I want to replace the hose, but I can't get to the end behind the motor and on the front side of the drive. There must be a way that doesn't involve removing the outdrive. I can see the manifold from the back side with the outdrive all the way over to port. The manifold is on starboard and has the four hoses that run to the two rams. Any help is greatly appreciated as I can't seem to figure it out and can't seem to find a manual or any instructions (except info on the other end / pump assembly).

Thanks,
Stephan

Please start a thread of your own. Members don't always look at old, inactive threads often, so your quest for info falls on deaf ears. Look at the Help Tip on top of the page. Thanks.