Volvo AQ125 cooling

radglenn

Cadet
I have a AQ125 and I cannot get it to run cool. I have replaced the impellor 3 or 4 times and it just will not pump any water. I have cleaned the entire system, installed the "VOLVO" impellor and nothing! The boat is perfect, other than the raw water problem....Any Ideas before I take her out the sink her??<br /><br /><br />Glenn

tommays

Admiral
Re: Volvo AQ125 cooling

One other thing, when the boat is running, and you remove the cap on the heat exchanger do you get exhaust coming out of it? I do and am wondering the it is getting enough back pressure to kill the raw water pump...
if you have exaust gas in the exchanger you have a motor problem<br /><br />the exchanger is just like a car raditor there should be nothing but coolant<br /><br />tommays

radglenn

Cadet

I don't get any exhaust in the radiator, but in the raw water part of the heat exchanger. I am thinking maybe the exhaust manifold has a crack in it?

LenaJones

Cadet

HI Glenn<br /><br />Did you ever find the cure to your cooling problem, I am in the same boat?

radglenn

Cadet

Hi Lena. Yes, I did!!!! fixed it yesterday, took aobut 30 minutes and cost 104.00 total!!! I search the net more and found other people with the same problem and fixed theirs! So here goes. It was the goosneck, gasket, hose and clamps going from the top of the out drive to the transom. I was able to change them all out without removing the top part of the drive. The top of the outdrive was corroded and the gasket was a mess. I filed the drive smooth, put a little silicone (very little) on the gasket, installed the new hose and clamps and she runs nice and COOOOLLLL!!!<br />stayed at 180 no matter what speed I went! I hope this will help you.<br /><br />Glenn

radglenn

Cadet

I wish I had used the spell checker....haha<br /><br />Glenn

Copper75

Recruit

Hi Lena. Yes, I did!!!! fixed it yesterday, took aobut 30 minutes and cost 104.00 total!!! I search the net more and found other people with the same problem and fixed theirs! So here goes. It was the goosneck, gasket, hose and clamps going from the top of the out drive to the transom. I was able to change them all out without removing the top part of the drive. The top of the outdrive was corroded and the gasket was a mess. I filed the drive smooth, put a little silicone (very little) on the gasket, installed the new hose and clamps and she runs nice and COOOOLLLL!!!<br />stayed at 180 no matter what speed I went! I hope this will help you.<br /><br />Glenn

Please, Please send me the part numbers, I have the exact same problems. I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you!

captmello

Captain

Please, Please send me the part numbers, I have the exact same problems. I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you!

I'll help you with part numbers, but you need to start your own thread.

Copper75

Recruit

Thank you!

I would certainly do that if I could figure out how. I appreciate any help you can provide.