What Parts Will I need? Volvo DP-C1 195 Tear Down

Alex_AGB

Seaman Apprentice
Hello,
I picked up another boat recently and finally got a chance to get it in the water today. The boat hadn?t been in the water since 07 and the driveshaft bellow looked a little dry. I figured I take her for a run first to pinpoint any other possible problems before I replaced the bellow and I may have found a few...

When turning and trimming the outdrive up there is a vibration. The lower unit filled with water after just a 30 minute run. And the trim Gauge isn?t working properly.

I wont get a chance to tear it down until later next week so I figured I put up a post and try and see what parts I'm going to need for sure. Also this will be my first Volvo tear down so its going to be a learning process for me!

I plan on replacing the gimble bearing for sure along with the bellow and possibly a u joint if needed. Should I replace the trim gauge sender as well? Any other parts I may need or should replace please let me know.

Thanks!

heres a pic of the outdrive...

mmrmmu.jpg

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: What Parts Will I need? Volvo DP-C1 195 Tear Down

You need the service manual to start with. I don't think you have any idea what you are asking. It takes special tools to work on that drive, it doesn't have a gimbal bearing, but what it does have needs an engine pull to replace, and it sounds like it needs replaced.
head up to the adults only sticky and look in the Volvo info section.

Alex_AGB

Seaman Apprentice
Re: What Parts Will I need? Volvo DP-C1 195 Tear Down

Please tell me your kidding... I printed off both service manuals. I cant believe you have to pull the engine to change the drive shaft bearing. If I had the time and tools I would tackle it but now I dont know what I'll do. sigh...