Volvo AQ 130/270 Tilt Gauge

CHARGER

Seaman
Hey guys, just bought myself a Steber with a Volvo Penta AQ130D and a Volvo 270 Out drive and the tilt gauge doesnt move on it, When I turn the key on the gauge moves to the top from the bottom but when I tilt up or down on the engine it doesnt move seems like there maybe a problem with the sender or sender wire, just wondering where abouts that is on this drive?, I have the manual for motor and drive but doesnt seem to be a mention of it. Havent checked it out just yet thought Id ask here first.<br /><br />Cheers.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Volvo AQ 130/270 Tilt Gauge

The 270 drives did not have a sender for a gauge, all they had was a light that went out when the drive was all the way down. So whatever you have as a gauge sender has to be a "Home Engineered" system and it's hard to say how it's set up or what makes it work.

CHARGER

Seaman

interesting, I read in the manual about the light but dont have it on my Volvo Penta gauge console hmmmmmm.

Dunaruna

Admiral

Charger, are you sure its a 270 and not a 280T?<br /><br />Aldo

Dunaruna

Admiral

My workshop manual shows a 130D as a 280, just confirming.<br />Maybe someones swapped the drive for a duo or as Don said, jimmy rigged a gauge. In any case you probably need to chase the problem same as a faulty fuel sender, look for a short or OHM test the sender.<br /><br />Aldo

CHARGER

Seaman

Yeah no worries, I read in the manual that it normally just has a light but I dont have that on my dash setup, If its just sitting there on no sender Ill just rig up a light.